Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - HAS DOLLY DIED???
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

HAS DOLLY DIED???

Have you seen or heard some interesting Dolly news lately? Tell us about it!

HAS DOLLY DIED???

Postby Redliner09 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Rumor from FOX 43 NEWS that she has died of congested heart failure. Can anyone confirm this? I have looked through the Internet and cannot find but one website on it.
Redliner09

Re: HAS DOLLY DIED???

Postby SHELL806 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:04 am

We heard that also not sure if true but from pretty reliable source.
SHELL806

Postby makmewrk on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:37 pm

I live in Pigeon Forge, TN and I have called the local news and Dollywood and both have said its a rumor.
makmewrk

Postby musicalgurl1 on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:39 pm

There is NO WAY that this is true!! it just cant b!! i just saw Dolly on aug. 14 preforming here in St.Louis and she seemed extremely healthy!! DOLLY IS NOT DEAD!!!!!! I DO NOT AND WILL NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
musicalgurl1

Postby Hannah on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:54 pm

nobody worry, THIS IS FALSE

Aug. 26, 2008 — Dolly Parton fans went crazy when they heard the news: Dolly died from congestive heart failure. The story might have actually even been treated as news by one or two official news organizations. Except that it wasn’t true.

Dolly, at last report, was still alive, working and looking forward to next month’s debut of the 9 To 5 stage production in Los Angeles.

"I’m fine," she told Nashville television station WKRN. "I did about have a heart attack when I found out I was dead. But I am feeling better than ever."

It’s hardly the first time a celebrity has been erroneously reported to have met his or her Maker. It happened to Paul McCartney. It happened to Chet Atkins. And it happened to Mark Twain. In every instance, their passing was — to quote the affable Twain — "greatly exaggerated." A phrase that fits Dolly quite proportionately.

from: http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headlines/a ... 5_,00.html

when i first heard about it myself, my friend told me she heard it on the radio this morning, and even though it was already proven false when she told me, i had to call a NBC in knoxville just to make sure for myself. i was upset that someone would start a cruel rumor about such a sweet person. it literally made me cry, because dolly is one of my heroes, and i just couldn't believe it. but thank God that it is false!
Hannah

Return to News & Announcements