Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

HI

Are you new to the board and not sure where to start posting? Well, you can start off by introducing yourself here...

HI

Postby TUTU on Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi .Im Tutu from Botswana, a country in Southern Africa. i have loved Dolly ever since i was 13. im now 22 .Dolly has a way of touching my heart so deeply that she has always been my comfort when im in dIstress. it is my dream to meet her . I just hope one day she could come to Africa . if she doesnt, i still believe il go and see her one day.i realy love Dolly with all my heart
TUTU

Re: HI

Postby Wagonmaster on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Tutu, I have a beautiful DVD called "Don Williams in Africa." On this video, recorded in 1988 or 1989, you can see people in Harare, Zimbabwe, enjoying Don's live country music concert. They welcomed him like royalty, in the friendly tradition of southern Africa. I also have Paul Simon's "Graceland" DVD, recorded in Zimbabwe a couple of years earlier, with many local musicians.

I doubt whether such concerts could happen now in Zimbabwe, owing to the economic troubles. But maybe in Gaborone, or Joberg. Country music has some African roots. Every country musician should visit Africa at least once in their life, to see where their music came from.
Wagonmaster

Return to Introduce Yourself