Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Straight Talk

Talk about anything from recent television appearances to your favorite Dolly movie and anything inbetween!

Straight Talk

Postby grandoleoprygal on Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:12 pm

:D Hello. My favorite Dolly movie is "Straight Talk". It's also one of my all-time favorite movies too. One of my favorite scenes in the movie is when Dolly( who plays Shirley Kenyan) is trying to get a 20 dollar bill she dropped of a bridge with her shoe and gum. Dolly also wrote all the songs for the movie and sings them. The fist song in the movie is called " Light of a Clear Blue Morning" which she has sang before. The sound-track to the movie is really good exept the only way to get it is on Ebay or Amazon.
grandoleoprygal

Re: Straight Talk

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:07 am

Straight Talk's one of my faves too. Its so funny and Dolly just looks as if she enjoyed every second of it!! I agree, the soundtrack is great, livin a lie is one of my faves of course with the more up-tempo version of light of a clear blue morning :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby Chris on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Straight Talk is my favorite Dolly movie as well even though it's one of her lesser-known ones. I still love the soundtrack and Light Of A Clear Blue Morning is probably one of my top three favorite Dolly songs of all time. I wish they would release a good version of the movie on DVD because that version that was released was terrible quality and didn't include any special features like the music videos or anything. Maybe one of these days we fans can get together and convince Hollywood Pictures/Disney to release it on DVD again and this time with good picture quality and bonus features.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm

The region 2 version is good quality, just no special features. When they made it dont suppose they intended special features would they? DVDs weren't round then were they in 1992??
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby Chris on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:58 pm

Maybe I need to buy the Region 2 DVD then because the bargain-bin version they released in the U.S. is so crappy. DVDs weren't quite around yet when the movie came out on VHS and the original release of the VHS included the "Light Of A Clear Blue Morning" music video. Are you sure the Region 2 version is good quality and isn't the same poorly-dubbed version as the U.S. version?
Chris
Site Admin

Postby jenw on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 am

I got the region 2 version as well. I think it's great quality. Would love to see some more bonus features next time. But nevertheless, I really love this Dolly movie. Sure one of her best!
jenw

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:02 am

Yeah defo gd quality. Can't recall watching special features, i'll have a look 4 ya when i get a min at home :D
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:37 pm

My region 2 copy is of excellent quality too. I love that film. It's probably one of my favourite films of all time too and I love that scene at the beginning on the bridge. I wrote a whole essay on it (or atleast the pasrt where they were yelling at eachother afterwards) for my A2 level english language coursework as we had to analyse spoken language and the choice of language used in various situations and I just had to choose something dolly-related otherwise I'd get bored lol. Brilliant film!!
annie147218

Return to Movies & Television