Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - Dolly's saddest songs
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Dolly's saddest songs

No other country artist has such a diverse music catalogue, from country and bluegrass to pop and disco, Dolly has recorded a wide array of material...

Dolly's saddest songs

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:52 pm

well as you know, dolly writes and sings the saddest songs so i was just wondering which songs everyone thinks are the saddest. you can list as many as you like as i'm interested to see what people come up with. Mine are
no.1 saddest song - if i cross your mind - this has me in hysterical tears every time lol
i'm gonna miss you
i'll never forget
change
the moon, the stars and me - possibly one of my favourite dolly songs
annie147218

Re: Dolly's saddest songs

Postby JakeDollyFan on Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:37 am

"Blue Valley Songbird" and "Down From Dover". :cry:
JakeDollyFan

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:36 am

Mountain Angel is so upsetting! And The Grass Is Blue is really heartwrenching
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:21 am

:cry: i´m full of tears: "we had it all" & "just when needed you most"
hhgayguydollyfan29

Postby DollyDavid on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:26 am

One of the saddest songs that she has sung is Boulder to Birmingham, written by Emmylou Harris.

As far as her own songs are concerned, I agree that Down from Dover and Mountain Angel are tear jerkers!

:ugeek:
DollyDavid
DollyDavid

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:01 am

The way she sings 'I'm Gonna Miss You' is so heartbreaking :( 'Hungry Again' , 'Knocking On Heaven's Door' With Ladysmith Black Mambazo and 'When I Get Where I'm Going' with Brad Paisley are also heartwrenching. 'Smokey Mountain Memories' really touches me, even though it isn't really written the same as the other really sad songs. It's so raw and heartfelt. And aren't we forgetting the obvo - 'I Will Always Love You' it's so emotional :cry:
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby Richard on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:10 am

I'm leaning towards:

Burning to Burned (from Straight Talk)
What A Heartache
Just When I Needed You Most
Daddy Come and Get Me
Starting Over Again
Dagger Through The Heart
I Still Lost You

and I agree with the rest.
Richard

Postby ErickHolland on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:53 pm

Oh my God what a subject haha. I get goosebumps by ALOT of Dolly songs, but the ones that actually made me wipe a tear or two were;

01. The Grass Is Blue (did I cry on this one! It gives me the chills everytime I hear it. This is just one of those songs that I could have wrote myself)
02. Color Me America (This is the very Dolly song that made me a fan. On YouTube I saw a performance of her doing this song at Dollywood on 9/11 2002, and it touched me very very deeply. I bought "For God And Country" right away haha!)
03. Just When I Needed You Most (So beautifully sung, so touching and full of emotion!)
04. Dreams Do Come True (What a wonderful story about real love!)
05. A Few Old Memories (Really a beautiful story!)
06. My Blue Tears (Little Sparrow version) (Such a beautiful song)
07. Not For Me (Such a sad sad song that goes through heart and soul)
08. The Moon, The Stars And Me (Simply beautiful)
09. Send Me The Pillow You Dream On (Wonderful lullaby hehe)
10. What A Heartache (Halos & Horns version) (Another sad song about love)
ErickHolland

Postby richnrich04 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:40 am

My personal fovorites are:

Daddy Come And Get Me
What A Heartache
richnrich04

Postby Dolly.R.Parton on Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:51 am

me and littel Andy,Down from dover,Dagger through the hart,leter to henen,Just when i needed you most im sprisd noone come up wiht me and litte andy and leter to heven id ha to say that just when i needed you most make me cry becuas it reminds my of wen my parents got devorst i didnot no war my mom wus for weeks :cry: :(
Alyssa/DollyRParton
Dolly.R.Parton

Return to Dolly's Music