Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - My favorite Dolly songs (well, some of them)
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

My favorite Dolly songs (well, some of them)

No other country artist has such a diverse music catalogue, from country and bluegrass to pop and disco, Dolly has recorded a wide array of material...

My favorite Dolly songs (well, some of them)

Postby dominic darrah on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:05 pm

1. 9 to 5
2. I Walk The Line
3. Marry Me
4. The Last Thing On My Mind
5. Both Sides Now
6. Two Doors Down
7. Ooo-Eee
8. Elusive Butterfly
9. Coat of Many Colors
10. Heartbreaker
dominic darrah

Re: My favorite Dolly songs (well, some of them)

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:00 pm

I love practically every dolly song but i'll try list my top favs but in no order.
Light of a clear blue morning (straight talk and original)
Hello god
The moon, the stars and me
wildflowers
sittin' on the front porch swing
silver and gold
if i cross your mind - so so sooo sad
love sugar hill at the moment
my tennessee mountain home - the song and the whole album is just brill...one of my favs
so so many, don't even know which ones to choose lol, so i'll leave it there
annie147218

Postby Travelin_Thru on Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:40 pm

I love all of Dolly's extensive library of work, but if I had to pick favourites, these'd be the ones...

1. Jesus & Gravity
2. Jolene
3. I Will Always Love You
4. Two Doors Down
5. Stairway to Heaven
6. Imagine
7. Romeo (w/ Billy Ray Cyrus)
8. Hard Candy Christmas
9. Eagle When She Flies
10. To Daddy
The day we're born we start to die, don't waste one minute of this life - Better Get To Livin'
Travelin_Thru

Postby shady pines ma on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:45 pm

I have to say, in addition to classics like Jolene, Coat Of Many Colors, I Will Always Love You, 9 To 5, etc. I also love a lot of songs from the Rainbow album like Savin' It For You, Dump The Dude, and Everyday Hero. And some others:
Potential New Boyfriend
Baby I'm Burnin'
Do You Think That Time Stands Still
Real Love [With Kenny Rogers]
Star Of The Show
I Wanna Fall In Love
Say Goodnight
Think About Love
Don't Call It Love
A Cowboy's Ways
Jealous Heart
shady pines ma

Postby countryfan15 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:55 am

Here are some of my faves!
1. only dreamin
2. Hello God
3. Help!
4. Shine On
5. Cologna
6. Shinola
7. In the Good Ole Days (When Times Were Bad)
8. Color Me America
9. God Won't Get You
10. Somebody's Everything
countryfan15

Postby musicalgurl1 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:36 pm

OMG!! SO MANY!! dont even know where 2 start!!! LOL!!

I Will Always Love You
Coat of Many Colors
9 to 5
2 Doors down
Jolene
Here You Come again
BEtter Get 2 livin'
Drives Me Crazy
Backwoods Barbie
Jesus and Gravity
Only Dreamin'
Tracks of my tears
Cologne
Shinola
I will 4ever hate roses
Somebody's Everything

AND SOOO many more.... Sorry if i kinda went on and on.. got a little carried away :)
musicalgurl1

Postby LoveDolly12 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:35 pm

Tough call...Mine are

Straight Talk
Livin' a Lie (From straight talk movie)
Why Can't We
Slow Dancing With The Moon
Eagle When She Flies
Rockin' Years
Better Get To Livin'
Made of Stone
Jesus & Gravity
Hello God
Cologne
Somebody's Everything
I Will Forever Hate Roses
Yellow Roses
After the Gold Rush
What Will Baby Be

And more... :lol:
"I'm no guru but I'll tell you, this i know is true-You better get to livin'!" -Dolly Parton
LoveDolly12

Postby jolene925 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 pm

I love every song that Dolly has released, but my all-time fave is Appalachian Memories
jolene925

Postby crystal13 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:14 pm

how can even pick :o ! iknow i cant!
crystal13

Postby Steve R on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Can anyone help me. Last May while travelling on an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Dublin, Ireland a Dolly Parton song / album was featured on the flight music menu. I never got the name of the song or the album.

It was a bluegrass ballad about two children who got lost ( I think in a snowstorm) , a search party is sent out for them and they are eventually found dead, huddled together under a clump of trees. It was an incredibly sad song but a lovely arrangement.

Can anyone put a name and album to the description please? I'd appreciate any help.
Steve R

Return to Dolly's Music