Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

9 to 5: Ultimate floorfiller!!

No other country artist has such a diverse music catalogue, from country and bluegrass to pop and disco, Dolly has recorded a wide array of material...

9 to 5: Ultimate floorfiller!!

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:42 am

Hi! I think 9 to 5 is just the ultimate floorfiller! Everytime im at a party or club etc, anybody sittin dwn will get up for it! I've cleared my part of the dancefloor numerous times when it's come on lol, it's just such a good feeling when ur dancing and singing to this song! Ya'll agree? :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Re: 9 to 5: Ultimate floorfiller!!

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:29 am

hm, it´s right, but 9to5 is a really evergreen and i get this song to lot. ;) what do you think about "sure thing" or "tie our love" or "great balls of fire"? the studio54 would burning & monique van vooren would lost in space! :D
hhgayguydollyfan29

Postby dominic darrah on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:36 pm

"Peace Train" is the ultimate floor-filler. The dance version was mixed by Junior Vasquez. The original album version is great also.
But I must say 9 to 5 is one of my all-time favorites because it was written by Dolly and was such as huge hit that crossed many genres;
Love it when she sings:
"Sometimes I swear That Man is Oooouut !! to get me"
dominic darrah

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:43 pm

I love 9 to 5...who doesn't? It's one of those songs eveyone knows and loves whether you're a dolly fan or not and you're right, everyone dances to it. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction watching all the chavs get up and dance to dolly parton.
annie147218

Postby mannytheman74 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:01 pm

There's a couple of great remixes of 9 to 5 but you have to dig around to find them. Strangely enough I have never really heard the song at a club and I live in San Francisco...we have to change that :)

Manny
mannytheman74

Return to Dolly's Music