Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Halos & Horns: Your Fave Song

No other country artist has such a diverse music catalogue, from country and bluegrass to pop and disco, Dolly has recorded a wide array of material...

Halos & Horns: Your Fave Song

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:12 am

Hi everybody. Thought i'd start a little topic where you name your favourite song from Halos & Horns and briefly explain why this is so! if it goes well, we could continue this theme for other albums!! I'll do like a monthly count up and see which song is the favourite from all posts up to that date!So i'll start!
My fave song is Raven Dove, because Dolly's vocals are just so amazing, and the lyrics are very simple and spiritual and it is just such an amazing countrygospel song, i'd say one of the best of all time :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Re: Halos & Horns: Your Fave Song

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:58 am

The "halos & horns" album is a really great collection of bluegrass songs! you´re right! especially i like the new version of "shattered image" (the song hold a mirror up to my life - it´s a bit creepy! ;) and Dolly´s GREAT cover "stairway to heaven" - it´s the most reaching version i´ve ever heard - pur gooseflesh!!!
hhgayguydollyfan29

Postby DollyPartonGirl on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:24 pm

hhgayguydollyfan29 wrote:The "halos & horns" album is a really great collection of bluegrass songs! you´re right! especially i like the new version of "shattered image" (the song hold a mirror up to my life - it´s a bit creepy! ;) and Dolly´s GREAT cover "stairway to heaven" - it´s the most reaching version i´ve ever heard - pur gooseflesh!!!

My favorite Dolly song off of the Halos and horns album is " what a heartache "
Hi!! Im Marlee!!
DollyPartonGirl

Postby jenw on Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 am

My fave song is absolutely "I'm gone". I think it really is an unique song! I love it!
jenw

Postby JakeDollyFan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:21 am

"Raven Dove" followed closely by "Starway To Heaven" --- i love that album. :D
JakeDollyFan

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:11 pm

My favourite is Hello God as it's so powerful and i'm not even religious. My very close second is Sugar Hill as it's just so catchy. I used to hate it but the more i listened to it, the more i loved it and now I just absolutely adore it and listen to it all the time :D
annie147218

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:35 pm

Well with what has been posted so far, 'Raven Dove' is current fave with 2 votes! :D Keep posting your faves :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:39 am

by annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:11 pm

My favourite is Hello God as it's so powerful and i'm not even religious. My very close second is Sugar Hill as it's just so catchy. I used to hate it but the more i listened to it, the more i loved it and now I just absolutely adore it and listen to it all the time annie147218

hey annie,

a great version, my favourite, is on daily mail record. Dolly performes live and believe me: you´ll get a gooseflesh!!! ;)
hhgayguydollyfan29

Postby Chris on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:12 am

I was never a huge fan of "Hello God" but I love "I'm Gone" "Shattered Image" and "These Old Bones". I'm still sad she backed out of making a music video for Bones. I think it would've been awesome.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:47 am

yes, "shattered image" is a great song, but i don´t know which version is better? the first from "all i can do" or the new one from "halos & horns"? ... hm, i think i love both versions! :D
hhgayguydollyfan29

Next

Return to Dolly's Music