Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Dolly's New Single Out Today On iTunes!

Have you seen or heard some interesting Dolly news lately? Tell us about it!

Dolly's New Single Out Today On iTunes!

Postby Chris on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Dolly's amazing brand new single - "Better Get To Livin'" - has just been released today exclusively on iTunes! "My tunes on iTunes, come give me a play. I'll cure all your ills with an Apple a day! Digital Dolly...yep, that's me. I'm excited and proud to be part of the iTunes team," Dolly stated in a press release.

An upbeat inspirational tune, the song is quintessential Dolly like you've never heard before. "Kent is the one who said that I should write a song about my attitude as so many people are always asking what my secret to success and happiness is...I think life has always been a pressure cooker, and people react to whatever pressures they're under at the time according to their tolerance level and their mental attitude. Certainly with so much attention today on being skinny and beautiful, rich and famous, equal pay for equal work, getting ahead, raising kids, holding down a job, getting older, etc., I think this song says some things to let people know they're not the only ones in that fix. And this song offers some advice for a way out."

"The song 'Backwoods Barbie' pretty much says it all,” she continues. "I grew up poor and ragged, always dreamed of being beautiful like Barbie and the models in the Fredericks catalog. It's true that the way I look is just a country girl's idea of glamour, but it comes from an honest place. Backwoods Barbie just seemed like such a perfect title for a country album for me."

The newly created Dolly Records will focus solely on releasing only Dolly's music and will release the new album Backwoods Barbie in February next year. On having her own label, Dolly says, "I put it on my own label because many of the majors really didn't want me because of my age, thinking I was over. But I feel different about that. I figured the major labels are pretty much a thing of the past anyway, kind of like they thought I was! The way music is being played today, why not make all the money, if there's any money to be made. I'd rather have all of something than some of nothing. So I hired Danny Nozell to help manage me and all the things concerning me with all the new ideas. And with his knowledge of the new age and the team that he's put together, I just didn't see how I could miss. I might, of course; but he has assembled a great team and has a great marketing plan. And I'm having a great old time in this new day and age, so why not give it a whirl? I'll never stop. I'll never end until they lay me down, and then I'll go kicking and screaming and trying to sing and write a song!"

The official track listing for Backwoods Barbie is as follows:

1. "Better Get To Livin'"
2. "Made of Stone"
3. "She Drives Me Crazy"
4. "Backwoods Barbie"
5. "Jesus & Gravity"
6. "The Lonesomes"
7. "Tracks Of My Tears"
8. "Only Dreamin'"
9. "Somebody's Everything"
10. "I Will Forever Hate Roses"
11. "Cologne"
12. "Shinola"

Fans can download the new single right now through our iTunes link. Please note that you must have iTunes installed on your computer in order to access the link and download the new single. You can download the program for free from Apple's website. And while you're at it, I highly recommend an iPod if you don't already have one. You're gonna want to have this one for the road!

Download "Better Get To Livin'" from iTunes >>
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Dolly's New Single Out Today On iTunes!

Postby Blue_Smoke on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:18 pm

Thanks so much for the info. The song definitely delivers for me. I love the driving beat. I love the lyrics. I really just love everything about it. And what makes it even better for me is the fact that Dolly's lived everything that she speaks. It isn't just some millionaire sitting on her throne preaching.

As for the tracklist, while I'm ecstatic that we're getting 11 more new Dolly songs come February, I am a little disappointed that "Put It Off Until Tomorrow" isn't on there. And I was really keeping my fingers crossed for "Blue Smoke" too. Maybe she'll work out a deal with iTunes so that there'll be some bonus tracks on that CD. Danny Nozell seems to know what he's doing in regards to stuff like that.

So, anyway, thanks for the info. Made my day. And let's cheer Dolly all the way to her 26th number one song. :D
"If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. Don't shatter my image til you look at your own." ~ Dolly Parton
Blue_Smoke

Postby chaddolly on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:08 pm

love the new single!!! very country! sounds like a great radio hit!!! us the fans need to call our radio stations and urge them to play it!!!!!!!
chaddolly

Postby Chris on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:27 pm

I'll have a list of stations very soon for fans to start calling into and requesting the single so keep checking back!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Ecnal on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Chris, first off let me start by saying what a wonderful job you have been doing with this site. A million thank you's and keep up the great work !
Secondly, WOW ! It's wonderful to hear Dolly in all her country glory...
"Better Get To Livin" has hit written all over it....and I look forward to watching it climb up the charts.
Ecnal

Postby Chris on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Thanks so much for the compliments! All this has been just the beginning of what will be a lot more work in the weeks and months to come. There's a lot more happening than I can even tell all of you about yet, but there will be a lot more revealed soon!

We fans have to do everything we can to promote this new single and I will be revealing more details on this soon. In the meantime, tell all of your friends to download the single off iTunes!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:44 am

OMG this song is AMAZING! Lyrically genius and the melody is just fabulous! 2nd verse and 2nd chorus my fave bit! :D Yeah ditto to above, thanks to Chris for his great information and fabulous forum! This single is gonna be HUGE. It's mainstream, and i'd say in the top 3 country songs released this year. This is so gonna be No.1!!! :D :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Postby hhgayguydollyfan29 on Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 am

:D I LOVE THIS SONG :D
hhgayguydollyfan29

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:24 am

I am slightly disappointed 'Just a wee bit gay' ain't on the new album :( Sounds hilarious! Am intriuged by 'Jesus & Gravity' and 'I Will Forever Hate Roses' :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

NOW WHAT?

Postby chaddolly on Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:17 pm

the single has been on itunes and has been in the top ten, currently #11 and seem s like everyone is loving the song- but now what do we do? what is in the works to keep the sales of the single up and to get it back on radio? i know we have all been emailing the link to our friends but that will only do so much. and dollys apperance on "dancing" is still three weeks away? is there a plan that will be coming together soon? like a music video, more tv and all that? i just want the song to keep its staying power on itunes untill more press and publicty comes about! chris what other info can you tell us?
chaddolly

Next

Return to News & Announcements