Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Perez Loves Dolly!

Have you seen or heard some interesting Dolly news lately? Tell us about it!

Perez Loves Dolly!

Postby Chris on Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Famed celebrity blogger Perez Hilton got the chance of a lifetime to meet with Dolly last night at a very exclusive listening party in L.A. for her upcoming album Backwoods Barbie due out in February. Perez gushes about the experience of meeting Dolly on his blog, saying "Miz Parton is a legend, and she’s everything you could hope for. Talented and kind. Sweet and saucy. Pretty damn near perfect, like Mary Freakin’ Poppins." Dolly greeted everyone in attendance one-on-one and teased with Perez, trying on his sunglasses much to the delight of Perez. Dolly even treated the select few invitees - who included David LaChapelle and Danilo (hairdresser for Gwen Stefani and Dita Von Teese) - to a new song called "Just A Wee Bit Gay". On the new album, Perez said "You have your ballads. Your gospel. Your uptempo. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone. The two standout tracks were Backwoods Barbie, a song that Dolly’s writing for the new 9 to 5 Broadway musical, and You Drive Me Crazy, a cover of the Fine Young Cannibals song." Check out the full report on Perez Hilton's website.
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Perez Loves Dolly!

Postby countrymusicfan on Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:41 pm

It really seems like Dolly and her new team are really doing good with the new album. With the new website and what looks to be a lot of promotion, Dolly might be everywhere soon! I think it was a smart move inviting Perez to the listening party.. he has TONS of readers and since he seems to adore Dolly that is some awesome free promotion. I read through a lot of the responses to his blog and while some did not particularly care for Perez (although they WERE reading his blog and posting on his site), everyone seemed to have good things to say about Dolly. I am just ecstatic about the possibilities for her to be on top again. Whether or not the album is a success, it is still important for her to be seen and stay in the spotlight.
countrymusicfan

Postby browneyedqtie on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:18 pm

I agree...and I'm happy for her. This could be a great big year for her! I'm behind her, that's for sure!
browneyedqtie

Postby Chris on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:28 am

Dolly has the best team working for her that she's had in a *very long* time. I can't spill details, but I can tell you that Perez is just the beginning of the major publicity and exposure that she'll be getting in the weeks and months to come. The next year is going to be one of the biggest years Dolly's had in her career in awhile so I want to make sure all of us are onboard to support her and promote what could be her biggest come back yet (us fans know that she never went away, but the rest of the world is still waking up). Stay tuned for some major announcements VERY SOON. :)
Chris
Site Admin

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:35 am

I've never been a fan of Perez, i find his blogs really discriminating sometimes, and quite ignorant. But if he's fell in love with Dolly i may just be able to accept him...
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Return to News & Announcements