Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Backwoods Barbie

Have you seen or heard some interesting Dolly news lately? Tell us about it!

Re: Backwoods Barbie

Postby Ecnal on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:13 pm

I too am thrilled about the new album. I hope it's going to be a major success....
Looking forward to all the promotional appearances and the such.
As for the artwork, I am hoping she returns to the original signature "Dolly" logo.
Ecnal

Postby DollyRules on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:44 pm

I can't wait for Backwoods Barbie to be released! Is it February yet? I really wish some new info would come out about the CD. I really think, after everything I've read about Dolly and her "new team", that she has a chance to have another solo hit or two from this new CD. Has anyone heard how many tracks will be featured? Hopefully there will be at least 12. :D
DollyRules

Postby justinfrazier on Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:45 pm

I, too, agree that the "Dolly" logo from the '80s needs to come back on the CDs. I'm glad to see it has resurfaced in the past few years.

Does anyone know when the single will be available on iTunes?
justinfrazier

Postby Chris on Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:31 pm

The single will be out on iTunes sooner than you think. Keep checking back to our site every day in the coming weeks as I will be leaking more information on this very soon! ;-)
Chris
Site Admin

Postby chaddolly on Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:00 pm

so chris can you tell us any more about the new single? cant hardly wait to hear it and see her sing it next month!
chaddolly

Postby Chris on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:42 am

There's not much else to tell you at this moment, but keep checking back this week as more details are coming very soon. :D
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Blue_Smoke on Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but does anyone know if she's putting "Blue Smoke" on the new album? Ever since I heard it on the "Hello" tour, I fell in love with it.

All this new album news is so exciting. Especially since it sounds like it's going to be HUGE!
"If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. Don't shatter my image til you look at your own." ~ Dolly Parton
Blue_Smoke

Postby Chris on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:14 pm

I just posted the track listing for the album and "Blue Smoke" is not on the album. I loved the song as well, but I think it was probably a little too bluegrassy for what she's doing now. Now that she has her own record label however, it is possible she might release some other songs through iTunes in the future separate from her Backwoods Barbie album.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby mannytheman74 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:46 pm

All this sounds extremely exciting! The album will be first rate I'm sure...however it looks like I Dreamed About Elvis has fallen off the final planned track list. It's a cute novelty song but I expect that it may have been too light of a song to include on the album.

Manny
mannytheman74

Postby aitola on Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:05 am

I've seen Dolly in DWTS show singing BETTER GET TO LIVIN' and it was amazing. It seems that time doesn't pass to Dolly and her voice. I'm willing to have her new record in my hands. I don't want to wait till february 2008. There's no one like her. I'm from San sebastian (Spain) and here people doesn't know very much Dolly because the music companies don't promote her here. But i think if they would do some marketin' here people would know her and would love her. I have some friends that love those were the days song (2005) because the heard it in my car. Anyway I hope this new album will put Dolly in the place she deserves here in Spain. Best wishes to her and to all of you.
aitola

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements