Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - Hello From Manchester, England
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Hello From Manchester, England

Are you new to the board and not sure where to start posting? Well, you can start off by introducing yourself here...

Hello From Manchester, England

Postby Richard Davies on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm Richard & I've been interested in Dolly since 1983, when Islands In The Stream was in the charts.

This September I got the chance to spend 2 weeks in the Southern states & got to visit some Dolly related places, but sadly didn't get the chance to go to Dollywood, as it was too far off our route. :(

At least I got to go to the Country Hall Of Fame, The Ryman Auditorium & The Grand Ole Opry.

Even the Rock & Soul museum in Memphis gave an insight into the sharecropper lifestyle, similar to Dolly's childhood.
Richard Davies

Re: Hello From Manchester, England

Postby DollyShania on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm so happy you got to visit Dolly's and my home state of Tennessee- the greatest state in the USA! I work at the Country Music Hall of Fame and I hope you enjoyed it! Didn't get to take a visit to Dolly's house, eh ;) ? I'm sorry you didn't get to go to DollyWood- it is a great place to go and work at (worked there the past summer). Memphis is great too, though. Welcome to the Forum!
"Dolly Parton cannot leave the building until I meet her! She is my greatest hero of all time!" ~ Shania Twain accepting Entertainer of the Year 1999
DollyShania

Postby Richard Davies on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

DollyShania wrote:I'm so happy you got to visit Dolly's and my home state of Tennessee- the greatest state in the USA! I work at the Country Music Hall of Fame and I hope you enjoyed it! Didn't get to take a visit to Dolly's house, eh ;) ? I'm sorry you didn't get to go to DollyWood- it is a great place to go and work at (worked there the past summer). Memphis is great too, though. Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for your reply, I really enjoyed the Country Music Hall Of Fame.

I learnt a lot I didn't know about country music, particulary lots of artists I had never heard of before.

While over there I also went to Heber Springs in Arkansas, where my Dad's cousin lives, as well as Netchez & New Orleans. Natchez didn't seem to have much of a music connection, but Bourbon Street in New Orleans was a live wire.

I also got my first taste of Zydico, even if it was mainly being played on a radio in some of the gift shops.

The driving there gave my a good feel for rural America, especially on the smaller roads.

Knoxville / Dollywood was a contingency if New Orleans was too hurricane damaged.
Richard Davies

Postby musicalgurl1 on Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm

[quote="DollyShania"] I work at the Country Music Hall of Fame quote]

OMG!! u work in the country music Hall of FaMe??!!!! Ur SOOOOO lucky!! i want 2 visit ther and TN in general SOOOO bad!! Someday i hope 2 b a country singer and sing on the Grand Ole Opry!! (Hopefully w/ Dolly!) Dolly is My inspiration and my RoLe MoDeL!!!!!!!!
musicalgurl1

Return to Introduce Yourself