Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Howdy from Toronto Canada

Are you new to the board and not sure where to start posting? Well, you can start off by introducing yourself here...

Howdy from Toronto Canada

Postby Lynne Marie on Thu May 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm very happy to have found this site. I've always been a Dolly fan generally speaking, but since I saw her perform "Better Get to Livin'" on Dancing With the Stars last fall, I've just been really struck by what a positive, encouraging example she sets. With this renewed interest, I've been really getting into her music (there's SO much, isn't there???) and am increasingly awed by her virtuosity. In particular, I'm really interested in her mastery of appalachian structures and her vocal technique.
For myself, I'm a small-town girl who's lived half her life in the big city. Thank God, I'm moving back home in about a month. I'm working on making a living by painting - pictures, not walls ;) and for fun I love to pick and grin on my mandolin. I'm a soprano, so I love playing Dolly songs - she writes in the right key for me! :lol:
Lynne Marie

Return to Introduce Yourself