Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Hey There!

Are you new to the board and not sure where to start posting? Well, you can start off by introducing yourself here...

Hey There!

Postby Electricbanjoman on Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Hey there Electricbanjoman here, This looks like a great site.
I`ve been playing music since 1964 when I first saw the Porter Wagoner TV Show , somewhere around 1965 or so I remember going to my first Porter concert where I saw Miss Dolly for the first time, She was waring a pink dress with butterfly`s on it.& i fell in love.
I also met some good life long friends there, Buck Trent whom I later played on stage with & made a guitar & electricbanjo for, Don Wardon who I`ve talked to many times in fact I talked to him yesterday by phone.
Mack Magha Who I use to love to watch play the fiddle. & on that concert i saw for the first time Mr. Porter`s daughters, & now I claim one of them as my lil Sis, ( She`s a real sweetie)
I have made & played guitars & electricbanjo`s in the Buck Trent style since I was 11, in fact I have a neck , a bridge & tuners from Bucks old Baldwin electric Banjo that he used on the Porter Wagoner TV show in the 60`s & behind miss Dolly on several of her songs, I had Shot Jackson ( now gone) put them on an electric banjo that I keep on the stand as a keepsake. I record at home & my wife whom by the way looks a lot like miss Dolly sings She loves miss Dolly`s songs. We just basically have a good time, I still watch miss Dolly on TV on the old Porter Wagoner TV show on RFDTV. She`s a real sweetie. God bless you miss Dolly
Electricbanjoman :mrgreen:
If i ain`t broke don`t fix it,
When you get it weld it.
Electricbanjoman

Return to Introduce Yourself