Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

I <3 Dolly

Are you new to the board and not sure where to start posting? Well, you can start off by introducing yourself here...

I <3 Dolly

Postby I<3Dolly on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:43 pm

Hello,
I'm Deanna from upstate NY. I'm 25 years old and I love Dolly. I've loved Dolly since as far back as I can remember. When I was a kid, we taped every Dolly Show, from the series she had on. I can still remember some of them like the back of my hand. I especially loved the episodes with Miss Piggy... what can I say I was 5(ish)!!! My parents divorced when I was younger and I sort of turned to dolly as my hero. No matter how rough things got her her she was always positive. When I'd go to my dad's house, we'd always visit my grandparents, who also shared a love for dolly. i'd stand at the top of the stairs in the den and sing dolly songs to them for hours... someone even got it on tape once. I think my love for dolly brought me closer to my dad's family. My grandfather on my mom's side shared a love for country music in general. My grandfather died and all I have are the memories of watching CMT, and the Ralph Emery show with him. Anyways, when I was a kid, we made a trip to Cherokee, NC every year from our family reunion. All year I'd be saving every penny I'd get from gifts, allowance, etc. And every year, the day after the reunion, we'd drive across the mountain to dollywood. I genuinly think my my grandparents loved going and everyone else who came were "just along for the ride." After going every year for 10 years I knew the park like the back of my hand. My favorite places where the Rags to Riches Museum, the Eagle Reserve, and of course Applejacks! When I was about 6-7 my grandmother got me this neon pink sports jacket with a detachable butterfly... I wore that everywhere... even in the summer. Imagine that, FL weather in the summer with a hot pink dolly jacket. Anyways, life went on, I got older and my family couldn't afford the trips to Dollywood like they once had. As of now, I haven't been to Dollywood in a long time, but I check things out on their website every now and again. My grandmother made her last trip to Pigeon Forge last year and bought my daughters some of the most beautiful little dolly dresses. Since then, my grandmother was diagnosed with Cancer. I was cleaning house the other day and heard an ad that dolly parton was coming here... to binghamton... I think I had a panic attack or something... I couldn't breath. The first thing I did was call my grandmother and she cried and cried... she said I have to go see dolly for the both of us. Needless to say, I'm so excited I can hardly keep it together!!! I know it's unbelieveably farfetched... anyone know of a way that I can meet Dolly? Give her a hug maybe? Probably not, she's a woman in demand!! Anyways, I look forward to chat with you all in the future... thanks for listening to me pour my heart out. It means a lot to he here with other people that share a love for the blonde bombshell!
I<3Dolly

Re: I <3 Dolly

Postby TUTU on Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:56 pm

HI ATLEAST UV BEEN TO DOLLYWOOD. I CAN ONLY DREAM OF GOING THERE , EVRYTIME I SEE THE PLACE ON THE NET I GET FILLED WITH A STRONG DESIRE TO MAKE THE DREAM COME TRUE. BUT I BELIV I WILL SEE DOLLY ONE DAY. ONE OF THE VISITING PROFESSORS HERE IN MY UNIVERSITY TOLD ME SHE GERW UP THERE AND TO ME IT SOUNDS SO STRANGE THAT I CAN ONLY DREAM OF A PLACE I SEE ON THE PICTURER WHEN SOMEONE HAS THE PLACE AS HER NEIGHBOURHOOD.IM SAVING MONEY RITE NOW AND ONCE I GRADUATE IM OFF TO SEE DOLLY. AFTER THAT I WOULDNT CARE IF I DIE.
TUTU

Return to Introduce Yourself