Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 456

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 95
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - For the love of Dolly
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

For the love of Dolly

Discuss anything and everything related to our favorite country queen...

For the love of Dolly

Postby smnemmers on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:07 am

:shock: Oh my gosh, does Dolly have some major fans, don't get wrong I love Dolly but these folks have their porches like her childhood home and her pics all over their walls and plan their whole lives around Dolly.. I am watching this movie For The Love Of Dolly, OMG. They make Dolly dolls, move to TN to be closer to her I can't believe this, they go to the opening of the theme park every year, and follow her from town to town, it's crazy! They love her so much, they are addicts almost. OMG Dolly is a magical lady, she is so good to her fans and I think that alone makes her so lovable, she is wonderful. I met her in Dollywood just by chance and I never forgot her smile and how very nice and humble she was. Okay now they are kissing her star on the Hollywood walk of fame, that's crazy. She is amazing, I love her and I would like to sit and visit with her along with Reba, they are both amazing. :D It makes me sad that so many people have made them ( celebrity's) so hard to meet, the paperazzi and so on, crazy fans. You have to remember they are people just like me and you and they deserve their privacy. I would love to meet so many singers in person but I don't think I would stalk them and it seems these people on this show are doing, I mean they make new outfits for everytime they see her in person. I admire that you all are fans but I think you are pushing it here, she is wonderful but I don't think you all should put this kinda pressure on her, imagine what she would think if she saw this move, which I'm sure she will, if I were her I'd be scared to death of you all. Okay now they are at the car dealership looking for Judy's car she traded in and looking for Dolly's hair, they are smelling the seat belts, okay guys you are way crazy and I mean NO disrespect to Dolly but you are all are just to much, The Bible which Dolly does read it says "Thall shall have No God before me" Hello thats what you are doing is worshiping her.
smnemmers

Re: For the love of Dolly

Postby musicalgurl1 on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:56 am

1st of all the bible does say "U shall not have any other Gods but ME." and i agree that some of those people r worshipping her. But doesnt the bible also say "Judge not least u b judged"? Well, that is what u r doing here- judging people who u have probably never met b4! so what if some1 builds a replica of Dolly's house--- they're not hurting any1 and last time i checked this is AMERICA---- a FREE country! This is Not necessarily worshipping her. These r DOLLY"S fans--- in her book she says she loves each and every 1 of her fans. If DOLLY doesnt have a problem w/ these people, why should u??!!

PS: im Sure ur probably thinking by now that im 1 these people, but i am not.
musicalgurl1

Postby TUTU on Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 pm

everyone has someone very important and who has touched their live in a very special way. i dont think its fair for u to say people who love these people are worshiping them. some people adore their mothers and look up to them and u cant possibly say they view them as their god. anyway i love Dolly and i dont care even if anyone thinks i worship her .
TUTU

Postby DollyShania on Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:17 pm

TUTU wrote:everyone has someone very important and who has touched their live in a very special way. i dont think its fair for u to say people who love these people are worshiping them. some people adore their mothers and look up to them and u cant possibly say they view them as their god. anyway i love Dolly and i dont care even if anyone thinks i worship her .

I agree, although I credit Dolly Parton and Shania Twain getting me through the hardest time of my life, I don't worship them. People are always saying- "Your obseessed." I don't care if people think I worship them- I owe them a great deal- but I don't see them as gods. I wish I could just tell them how much they have done for me.
"Dolly Parton cannot leave the building until I meet her! She is my greatest hero of all time!" ~ Shania Twain accepting Entertainer of the Year 1999
DollyShania

Return to Dolly Dish