Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/dollyonline/dollyon-line.com/forum/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4184: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
Dolly Parton On-Line Forum • View topic - Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business & Smart Blonde
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton News Dolly Parton Tour Archives Dolly Parton Photos Downloads Forum Dolly Parton Store Dolly Parton Mailing List About Dolly Parton Links

Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business & Smart Blonde

Discuss anything and everything related to our favorite country queen...

Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business & Smart Blonde

Postby ILoveDolly4Ever! on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:39 am

Hi! These are the 2 books i'd say are the best for Dollys life. Obvo, her autobiography. I think her philosophies are so inspirational and so human. I've read it so many times. I love all her anecdotes about certain sets and albums, she's just got an amazing way with words. I think Smart Blonde by Steven Miller is probably the best biography ever done on Dolly. It's very insightful and there's plenty of information figure wise about album sales etc. Anybody got any opinions or any other suggestions for biographies? :D
'We walk it each step of the way with the dust of the rugged road clinging to our bare feet. Although we seldom realise it at the time, that dust is more precious to us than gold dust' Dolly Parton
ILoveDolly4Ever!

Re: Dolly: My Life and Other Unfinished Business & Smart Blonde

Postby DollyPartonGirl on Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:28 pm

I so want to read that book lol! And she isnt blond so duh she aint dumb!! lol She is such a great role model
Hi!! Im Marlee!!
DollyPartonGirl

Postby JakeDollyFan on Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:35 am

I have "Smart Blonde", it is a great book with some really nice photos. :D
JakeDollyFan

Postby annie147218 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:03 pm

I have both these books and they're so good. I prefer the autobiography though simply because it's in dolly's own words.
annie147218

Postby ILoveDolly! on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:31 am

I have to agree about the auto because I love that she wrote herself in her own words. Its a great read and you read every word! You can really imagine what her life was like and picture it all the way through. When i read it in my head i can hear Dolly saying the words as if she is telling me the story in her voice etc ... its fantastic! Not sure if anyone else gets this, maybe i am just weird!! But i love the way she speaks so much!!

x
ILoveDolly!

Postby Marmelstein on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:45 am

Is "Smart Blonde" written with the help of Dolly herself? Did she agree that the book is a decent story of her life?
I want to get this book, but with so many biographies about artists you have to take the with a grain of salt and some are full of lies.

The other one is written by Dolly herself, when was it released? in other words, how up to date is it?

Erik.
If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain - do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.
Marmelstein

Return to Dolly Dish